Sunday, 6 January 2013

Stanwell Moor - 6 January 2013

We had intended to set up over the flooded meadow, but mist and associated dampness made us decided to walk the site rather than ring, which as it turned out was not to be a bad decision. There were few birds on the meadow, just a couple of Snipe and no Linnet flock present. We had therefore, potentially saved ourselves a lot of hard work for probably little return. We checked out our summer ringing ride and found the whole area was completely flooded, and is looking like we may struggle to get the sallow reduction done before the breeding season unless we have a lack of rain for some months. I did mange to flush a Bittern from the end of the ride though.