Sunday 19 February 2012

Tring area - 18 February 2012

As I had an OSME trustee meeting at Tring I decided afterwards to go Bittern hunting again and retrace some steps taken on the 13th, with a revisit to Marsworth reservoir, which about 4.50pm produced a Bittern, with one coming out in full view in the SE corner, which then flew the whole length of the reservoir landing at the northern end. Afterwards I tried Weston Turville reservoir again to see if I could pick any up roosting here, but only managed this time two Little Egrets coming in late.

Whilst I was up at Tring D did some casual ringing at home and managed to retrap a four year old Great Spotted Woodpecker, with her total being fifteen, of which seven were re-traps.

Great Spotted Woodpecker - 6 female

inflicting pain


Totals: 9 (7)

Great Spotted Woodpecker - 0 (1)
Goldcrest -1
Blue Tit - 2 (2)
Lesser Redpoll -1
Siskin - 4 (1)
Goldfinch - 1 (3)